Monday 22 September 2014

Taking part in the WW1 event at Cottingham on 24 August was a hugely rewarding experience. The organisers did a brilliant job and I'm very grateful to them all for inviting me. There will be a repeat of the exhibition in November at the Methodist Church.

I've acquired lots of new information,  much of it from Janice Binley who has been very generous with sharing her research. I've also been provided with Corby Borough Council's list of people in the relevant parishes who served in and survived WW1;  some of them known to me but not yet researched, others whom I didn't know about. All in all, there's a lot of work yet to be done, but what are long winter nights for, if not slaving over a hot computer?  

24th August seems a long time ago. We've been helping look after our small grandchildren and have only just got home again, somewhat weary, but hopefully I shall be revving up for the next wave of soldiers within a day or two. Maybe three.

No comments:

Post a Comment